Hi, my name is Kanika! I live in Taupo with my husband and our gorgeous little girl.
I was an ECE teacher in India for almost three years along with two years of motherhood, which has given me a good grounding for working with children and being able to provide an environment in which they can grow and develop in all areas.
I love to spend time with children as it brings a great deal of positivity and good vibes to my life. I believe there is nothing as pure as a child's innocence. I follow the learning through play philosophy and aim to provide a play environment for intellectual, social, emotional and physical development.
I provide a smoke free, safe and friendly environment for all children.
I am flexible with my hours of working to suit working families. If you would like to meet me to discuss my home-based care programme, please feel free to contact me via Kids at Home!
Have a good day!
- First Aid Certificate
- Level 3 New Zealand Certificate in Early Childhood Education and Care
- Full time spaces available
- I had the opportunity to send my then 6 month old son Jack to Kanika for childcare. Unfortunately Kanika only had Jack for about 2 months before we decided to move towns.Within those 2 months she made such a good bond with my son. She was very interactive with the things that interested Jack. Kaniks has such a happy and playful personality which reflected the awesome environment. We had no worries if Jack had fallen to sleep before he was supposed to be dropped off for care, as kanika was very flexible with her hours. It was great to see the pictures of Jack she had captured while they were out having fun and doing activities. It is very sad to be leaving care with Kanika as she is an awesome person to send Jack to for his very first homebased care. We can’t thank Kanika enough for all the time and effort she put into Jack !!!
- I choose Kanika as a homebased educator for my 2 ½ year old daughter Blair, who is diagnosed with Autism and has been in her care for nearly 1 year. I like your child friendly home environment with lots of indoor and outdoor toys and learning activities like building blocks, paints, playdough to keep Blair busy. Also walks and outings 😊. I also like your calm, engaged attitude towards Blair, not treating her different from the other children but instead encourage interactions, independence and self-management so Blair can learn and make her own choices lie what food to eat? Or to join in with the others and helping Blair to develop the love of learning at her own pace. I find the journal and profile books extremely helpful, keeping me informed with Blair’s daily routine and milestones she might have achieved. You are so reliable and flexible with my hours of work. I am grateful you were available for me during weekends and during the week. I am happy with the care Blair is getting and thank you for supporting her learning and helping her feel safe and cared for while she tries to build up her sense of belonging in your wonderful family home. Danielle & Blair.
- Kanika is a very caring and nice educator regarding all kids with kids at home. She helps them to learn new things in every way. Her care home environment is neat and tidy. No doubt, we enjoyed all the photos in profilebook that help us a lot to know about Avneet in relation to her interest in new things. Kanika is very flexible about hours that suits us a lot. Kanika is very caring about avneet. She looks after her very well and help avneet to learn and explore. We have been with her from past 1year and continue to send our 2year old for care and education to kanika. I wish kanika for her good future. Harpreet singh