Hi, my name is Karen! I am married to Scott and we have 2 daughters. Our family lives in Ohauiti. My girls go to school in Otumoetai so catch the bus to and from school, this leaves me free to have children coming and going at anytime. I am also able to do pick ups and am happy to discuss this with you if needed.
I have been working with children since I left school, completing the National Nanny certificate, then nannying and working in a centre in Tauranga. When I had children I completed Playcentre courses as we would attend reguarly. I have worked with Kids at Home for over seven years and I also have a First Aid certificate which I complete a refresher course for every two years.
I provide a safe and busy environment for all children. I am able to have my home set up with a wide variety of experiences for all ages, with a great indoor/outdoor flow. I enjoy doing activities to challenge each child's interests. I am a strong believer in children being school ready so I support this through a four year old programme making games, posting boxes and hand eye coordination activities for the younger children.
I like to get out in the community, the children and I reguarly visit library sessions, music groups and parks. I also attend the Kids at Home playgroups and Kids day outs which are all hosted at no additional charge to families.
- National Nanny certificate
- First Aid certificate
- Playcentre association qualifications
- Karen and her family had our son Liam in their care from 13 months old until the age of 4. Liam flourished in her care and has grown into a well adjusted, happy, healthy child. As his parents we really appreciated the wonderful benefits of a home-based environment. During his time with Karen Liam was barely unwell which we put down to the environment and the smaller numbers. Liam loved being part of Karen's family, treating her home as more of an extension of his own. He was extremely comfortable there and enjoyed the familiarity and routine Karen provided him. He thoroughly enjoyed the regular outings to activities such as gymnastics, performances, the park, the library and the weekly playgroups, coming home to tell us all about his day! As his parents we loved seeing what he got up to each week through the Storypark app and seeing his many friendships grow! I cannot recommend Karen enough, she certainly has made a huge impact on our little boy, providing him with a wonderful, safe and nurturing relationship. We recently shifted across town and decided it was time to change childcare providers because of this, a decision that in all honesty we didn't make easily. If you are lucky enough to get a spot with Karen- Take it! You will be glad you did - M. Beaumont & G Whibley
- I would like to recommend Karen as an In-home Educator to anyone who is looking for in-home care. Karen has taken excellent care of my daughter while I have been working. It is so good to have peace of mind as a working Mum in knowing your baby is well taken care of. Karen is accommodating to my daughters needs and has provided her with ample opportunities to increase her learning. She provides a lovely, clean, child friendly home environment and is an active member in the community taking the children to different activities to extend their learning and social skills. Karen has excellent knowledge of child development and parenting. Whatever developmental stage my daughter was at, Karen would be understanding and accommodating while providing opportunities for her to further develop. My daughter has come to love Karen and has built a lovely attachment with her.It is with sadness that we can no longer send her to Karen's but I know she will be an excellent carer for someone else's precious wee human. - J. Wilkin
- Full time spaces available