Hi, my name is Kathy and I have been a Home-based Educator for over 14 wonderful years!
I love working with children, seeing the little ones grow and learn and their increasing independence is extremely rewarding for me. As they get older I regularly support their numeracy and literacy through play and interactions within our day, being able to develop positive relationships between children and education is something I value.
The company of my care children is always a delight, I enjoy interacting with them and taking them out in the community where we can learn together. We regularly go on nature walks and other outings where we chat and discuss what we can see and hear around us! Everyday is a new adventure - because why not!?
If you would like to meet with me to discuss home-based childcare, the needs of your family and your aspirations for your young children, I would love to hear from you!
- First Aid Certificate
- 14 years experience as a Home-based Educator
- 'It is with great pleasure that I write this recommendation for Kathy. As a first time older Mum, I wanted my daughter to be in care of somebody who shared the same values and gave the same support as she received at home. As soon as I had my first interview with Kathy, I knew she would provide this for my daughter and I could go to work everyday knowing she was in the best hands. Kathy is a wonderful carer to our daughter with her warm, friendly and supportive nature. She takes the children to regular gym groups, music groups and river walks, among other fun activities which my daughter really enjoys. I am very proud of my daughter in her vocabulary, counting ability, social skills and general behaviour, and credit goes to Kathy for her influence in this. Thank you Kathy for being my daughters second Mum' - S.Page
- Kathy has become my son's second mother and her children a new set of siblings. The perfect situation for me, having to work. Not once have I fretted over his wellbeing. My son has remained happy and content through out this time and it is with sadness as he moves on to school that Kathy will no longer be a part of our lives' - V. Bodley-Hao
- Kathy's home is modern, clean, warm and safe and provides large indoor and outdoor play areas and separate, quiet sleep areas. Her family is caring and kind and my son loved getting to know them throughout his time in care. Kathy is an experienced Educator and responds well to the needs of the many different children in her care. My son attended gym and music groups reguarly and later, he went on to community kindy and Kathy would collect him each day for care in the afternoons. When the weather was good they would go down to the river for 'duck walks' which he always looked forward to!' - K. Williams
- When we first started with Kathy our little girl was not the easiest child to just leave and go, it took her a wee while to settle in. Kathy made her and us feel so welcomed and made the process of settling in very quick and easy for me as a working mum. We have found Kathy to be a cheerful lady, always greeting us with a big smile everyday and also acknowledging our little girl on arrival. This is so important to us as it made her feel welcome and important to Kathy. Each day is filled with different activities, Kathy is a very active person and is always taking the children out on trips. They visit the supermarket, the plant shop, they go to music group once a week and gym group. Often they will also stroll down to the river to feed the ducks. It is great to know that the kids get out and do everyday stuff just like they would if they were at home. I have no hesitation in recommending Kathy as an Educator and wish her and her family all the best for the future' - O.Moeakiola