Kia Ora. My name is Amanda and my whanau relocated to sunny Tauranga from Taupo. I live with my partner Clinton and two daughters; India 15 and Holly.
Since having my own children my career path changed from Office Management and being a Medical Secretary to being a stay-at-home mother working as an In-home Educator and completing my Level 3 ECE Certificate. I have had over nine enjoyable years now (...and counting) as a full-time Educator in my home.
I have also had two years experience as a Teaching Assistant in a satellite class of very high special need students aged 5-21yrs. This was an opportunity that opened my eyes to a whole new range of ideas and skills. I had the pleasure of working alongside a range of wonderful teachers and therapists; learning basic physiotherapy, massage, visual/hearing and speech therapies. This role involved tube feeding and administering medications and close monitoring of seizures and health of students in care.
I'm approachable, fun-loving and in touch with my inner-child. I'm quirky and a go-getter having completed 3 tough guy challenges with my eldest daughter by my side and a range of half-marathons. I also recently obtained a Load Pilot Licence and Truck licence as a bet and can drive an 18 speed road ranger Kenworth. Little boys think thats pretty cool and men will know what I 'm talking about!
I find it totally awe-inspiring as to how quickly our children learn and develop from being provided a warm, caring and supportive environment filled with love and innovation. No two days are the same.
If you think I might be what you are looking for or you know someone who might be interested in exploring the in-home childcare option for their child/ren please call Kids at Home.
- Level 3 ECE
- First Aid Certificate
- Over Nine years experience as a Home-based Educator
- Goal to complete Diploma of ECE teaching
- "Thank you so much for caring for Bailey and Summer. You have been fantastic and the kids really enjoyed going to your house. We really appreciated all the time and care you have provided for the..." - Jenny & Luke
- "As a new mum I did find the process of leaving my baby very daunting. Amanda you helped that process and always welcomed my phonecalls and text messages anytime..." - Teri
- "Thank you so much for looking after our wee Finn the last two years as though he is your own!! We've loved you being a part of this journey with us..." - Ben and Yvette
- "Thank you so much for the wonderful job you do looking after Matty and Benji. They love being able to go to your place - i'm sure they think it's their place too! We were very lucky to find you. Thank you for treating our boys like your own. I know they have had the best care being with you..." - Melissa & Dave