Hello! My name is Kerry, I am originally from a small town called Riverton which is 30 minutes from Invercargill.
From there I moved to Auckland and joined the Royal New Zealand Navy, I traveled around the world and learnt many life long skills!
After eight years of service I settled in Tauranga with my husband Kane. During that time we had two beautiful children. As I have a real passion for working with children I realised that working as a Home-based Educator would be the perfect role for me!
I joined the Kids at Home team in 2010 and spent two years caring for children! I then took a break as we welcomed twin boys to our family. I recently decided to return to Kids at Home in 2016.
I am a non-smoker and consider myself to be a clean, tidy person. I am flexible with hours/arrangements of care as well as being available during school holidays.
As an Educator I am easy going and approachable with requests or keeping in with your child's current routine. My focus is assisting and supporting each child's interests while providing a safe, fun and loving environment. I also have a Facebook page which is frequently updated with photos of activities and special moments. This is a great opportunity for relatives and friends to follow and experience your childs learning journey!
My home is cosy with soft carpet, we have a heat pump to keep the house warm in Winter and cool in Summer. Our family has two friendly dogs however they have a separate area for during care hours!
I look forward to meeting your little Prince or Princess!
- First Aid Certificate
- Completed the Hanen Programme for Parents of Children with Language Delays
- Several years experience as a Home-based Educator with Kids at Home
- 'Kerry was my daughter's carer a few years ago and I would recommend her to anyone! She is so passionate about children and made my daughter feel safe and secure' - B Thomas
- 'My two kids have recently started having alt care with Kerry. They love going to her house and always return home excited for the next occasion to visit with Kerry (+boys + doggies)' - A.Barraclough
- 'Kerry was my son's Home-based Educator five years ago! She offers a fantastic, caring home environment for the children. Max LOVED to go to Kerry's each day and I would struggle to get him home at the end of the day. Kerry is passionate about what she does and offers fun filled days for the children. Her home is lovely and she has four beautiful children of her own. I highly recommend Kerry as an Educator' - K. Warrender
- Full time spaces available