Supporting our families and educators during COVID-19
Our priority is the health and safety of our children, families, Educators and staff.).
COVID-19 Update - Action we're taking:
Edubase is committed to the health, safety and wellbeing of all our stakeholders. We have put in place a number of things to minimize risk to our people. These include:
- no longer running larger events, until advised otherwise e.g. events in public spaces, large shared/playgroups.
- extra hygiene practices (incl extra wiping down furniture/equipment with sanitisers, regularly washing hands, Educators engaging children in learning regarding good hygiene practices etc)
- notifying all educators and parents of the risks around becoming unwell, social distancing and other practices to reduce the risk to others
- steps to reduce risks to staff, including reducing travel and increasing the use of video conferencing facilities
- continuing to take the lead from the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Education
- providing links and updates to all relative MoH and MoE websites with updates as they arise (via Website, StoryPark, Facebook and emails)
We understand that while caring for children, close contact cannot be avoided and children still need love, cuddles; and to feel safe and secure. Well children and adults who are regular and familiar pose little to no risk to each other (a benefit of low child ratio homebased care, over other larger child ratio care options). Additionally keeping the circle tight and avoiding overexposure to large numbers of people, who are general members of the public further reduces any risks.
We are urging people to keep in contact as this situation is constantly evolving and we are having to make quick decisions to work with our communities.
How to stay in touch:
It's business as usual at Edubase and everyone’s wellbeing is a priority but you most likely still have questions. Use the channels below to get in touch with us.
What you can do:
- Please do not panic
- Stay informed and up to date via the ‘Unite against Covid-19’ website - https://covid19.govt.nz/; and the Ministry of Education website - https://www.education.govt.nz/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-3/
- Where possible limit exposure to others (e.g. social distancing and trying to maintain personal distances of 2 meters from other people, especially in public places).
- Our best defence is good hygiene - Wash your hands with soap/sanitiser (often and at least for 20 seconds each time), avoid touching your face, regularly clean environments with appropriate sanitisers etc
- Self-isolate, if unwell or been at risk of exposure to COVID-19 (advise us if this is the case and have recently returned from travelled or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19)